THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 25, 2009

One year ago....

One year ago
I took a walk with Destiny

The long winter had ended -
the day was gentle and warm
We were with new friends
It was a new start for us

We were starting to break out of winter hibernation
free from the dreary walls
Out into a newly awakening spring
Out into a newly awakening life.

One year ago... I took a walk with Destiny

When we started out I had no idea
where the road would take us
where we would find ourselves
I had no idea ... but she did.

She always knew.


Every step she took was deliberate
with purpose - with passion.
I learned a life lesson that day
Never take one moment for granted

Not ONE.

I was blessed. I took a walk with Destiny.

Today I took a walk with a new girl
I told her about an old soul.
We silently reflected at the waters edge.
I gave thanks

I told my new girl about the lesson I learned
and even though she is but a baby
she understood... but was puzzled
Why do humans have to learn that lesson?

When we already know.

A roll in the dirt
a splash in the water
a romp in the fields
a bask in the warm sun...

How silly I feel... she is so wise.

It took me 35 years to appreciate
to touch, to love, to honor
to awaken.. to open my eyes
she knew long before her tiny eyes opened.

We are not born alive
they teach us to live
if we take the time
to take a walk.


Is there someone you need to walk with today?

7 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Damn....

And I just stopped khrying over Charlie's Mum's post...

What a beaWOOtiful post...

I'll get my mom to hug me AND I'm sure Lexi is already hugging woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

I agree with Khyra... this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it and so sorry for your loss. Lhasa love, Tank

Golden Samantha said...

Oh Cilly - you write so beautifully - I'm leaky-eyed again - like Khyra's mom - just came from Charlie's mom's site, crying like a baby. And my best friend Honey is on last legs - at vet, so am sad today, but know how hard it still is. Lexi will give you comfort, but Destiny will never be forgotten.
With hugsz xo
Sammie and Bill and Miche

ThePainterPack said...

That is a truly remarkable post. The writing has gripped my heart and I am so thankful...thankful to you, to your Destiny, Lexi, and to my babies, all curled up. They are so much smarter than humans.

Painter Pack Mom

Raising Addie said...

...lots of tears...

This is a beautiful post...

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Mom keeps everything like that on the inside hidden behind the pictures.

Tell Lexi to give your mom lots of kisses today and a great big hug from us!

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie and Lucie

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You have touched our soul,
it was ment that we come visit this blog today- it was ment to be.
Your memories of Destiny, inbedded in your heart will live forver.
never stop- let it flow-
Your heart that opened up to love Lexi, and share,,,, let the words touch others who need to hear,,,, we needed to hear,,,, we have lost before and found love with tweedles.
love
tweedles mom

Emma Rose said...

We just popped in from Golden Honey's blog with tears in our eyes. Now they are running freely down our faces. That was a beautiful poem. Thank you. We need to go hug each other now.

Emma Rose and The Duchess