THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Dog's Plea

A DOG'S PLEA

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is
more greateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I
should lick your hand between blows, your patience and
understanding will more qucikly teach me the things
you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's
sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging
of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.
Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I
am a domesticated animal, no longer accustomed
to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the
privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell
you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp
and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side,
and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my
life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer
enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic
efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun.
Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave
this earth knowing with the last breath I draw that my
face was always safest in your hands.

author unkown

3 comments:

Vicki luvs Chopper ! said...

Speechless

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Destiny, please let us know that you're not gone yet...This is just too heartbreaking.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Raising Addie said...

My Mom is just full of tears.

Kisses
Addie